Fear in Writing: This blog and That blog

Today in Literary History

Today in Literary History...December 14, 1907: Rudyard Kipling receives the Nobel prize for literature, the first English-language writer to do so.ud

Saturday, January 9, 2010

This blog and That blog

The outpouring of support for my Confessions of Pain post was amazing.  I am humbled by all of your kind words, your encouragement and your ideas.  But today I move forward and separate my writing life from my healing life.

This blog has been and will continue to be the place I go to explore the world of writing.  I will remain the Michele you know as the seeker of publication, the sometimes goofy, always hopeful dreamer of writing dreams.

Therefore, I have created a new blog on which I will explore the world of healing.  I could have aimed it solely toward Fibromyalgia or pain, but I am not so short-sighted.  It will be a place all people hoping to live in health can go and share ideas, learn new ones and see where I am on my journey.

So this will be my last post about Fibromyalgia on Southern City Mysteries.  Mystery writer Michele will blog here continuously.  If you want to join in the health fun, check out Do Beautiful Things. I now return you to your normally scheduled program...

9 comments:

  1. I think that's such a positive way of dealing with a problem, Michele!

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that is a wonderful way of dealing with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you, Michele. And peace and good health as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really good idea Michele - and I love the title of the blog. I'm sure it will be a wonderful place :) Good luck with all of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you Michele! I will check out your other blog. I throw everything in mine (chickens, knitting, angst, step-kids, writing, Buddhism)and keep wondering if I should but will probably continue to for a little while yet. The writing posts are the ones that people seem to like though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks and thank and thanks and thanks...I won't pretend to be positive all the time. And I promise not to be overly sappy over there. But I think this is the way to go.

    Jemi- I thought of the name on my way to yoga yesterday. I don't really know how or why, but it stuck with me and I almost couldn't think about anything else! The ideas just kept flowing! I knew I had to do it.

    Jan- I was afraid with this my writing and goals here would get muddled. I don't want to lose focus on that, and I don't want to burden readers here with the doldrums of health. That's not really what you all signed on for!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very good idea. I started with a blog to post my genealogy, then realized I had other things to say so I created one for my writing and another for just about today in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Judy- It would be so easy to combine them all, but at the same time so difficult! I have to admit I haven't understood before now why people have multiple blogs. I GET IT NOW! Go us for having more than one interesti, right, Judy?

    ReplyDelete