Fear in Writing: Fun Literary Quizzes

Today in Literary History

Today in Literary History...December 14, 1907: Rudyard Kipling receives the Nobel prize for literature, the first English-language writer to do so.ud

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Fun Literary Quizzes


1. Mystery, Suspense and Detective Fiction Quiz - Surely you can do better than I did (only 17/28 correct).

2. Test Your Knowldge in Literature - From Antigone to 1984, see how much you know (or don't).
- I took the Walden Quiz and answered 10out of 18 correctly.
"Your score is 56%. You may want to practice more."
- Jane Eyre: I answered 11 out of 15 correctly.
"Your score is 73%. Good job!"

3. Which Austen Heroine Are You?
I am Marianne Dashwood of Sense & Sensibility! "You are impulsive, romantic, impatient, and perhaps a bit too brutally honest. You enjoy romantic poetry and novels, and play the pianoforte beautifully. To boot, your singing voice is captivating. You feel deeply, and love passionately."
I am Marianne Dashwood!
4. Not so literary, but fun for the princess in you...
Belle
You are bookish but incredibly pretty. Belle was first seen in Beauty and the Beast (1991).

16 comments:

  1. These are fun! I have the Austen one on my blog. It seems like Everyone is either Marianne or Elizabeth (I'm the latter). I have seen a couple Elinors though. Belle is my favorite princess. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh- that's where I found it! I tagged it over the weekend to send out later and forgot where I found it! I apologize! Which princes are you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quizzes are fun! I shall try some of these and look forward to the private humiliation from my results on the first two. Austen heroine? I'm predict either Elinore or Elizabeth Bennett. Disney princess? I predict Belle.

    Thanks, Michele!

    Elspeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have too many insecurities to risk making myself feel stupid by failing fun quizzes so I tend to avoid them, but I do enjoy reading the results of those who are brave enough to give them a try:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elspeth- You'll have to let us know if your predictions are correct.

    Diane- That one was fun! I've always like the idea of being a Disney Princess. I've really gotten into it with my daughter (and she's only 21 months).

    Kristen- Go for it!

    Jane- The literary ones were harded than I expected. I put myself out there for you all to laugh at. : P

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun! I must know what princess I am! Thanks Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, I'm Elizabeth Bennett and a good thing too! I'm sure Elspeth is as well. I haven't tried the other ones but will give them a shot as I've done everything I am SUPOSED to do and can play. ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did the mystery/suspense one and got 18 with a few guesses.

    I ended up as Jasmine - apparently I have everything I need, except love :) Who knew?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tamika- That was the fun one for me as well!

    Jan- Good for you for getting your work out of the way first. I actually did the same today, which is why this posted late.

    Jemi- Way to go on mystery/suspense. Much better than I did! Jasmine is exotic. I think she is the most beautiful and sly of the princesses.

    Elizabeth- I'm don't remember Elinor's traits, but you fit in with Belle's characteristics: "bookish but incredibly pretty!"

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was right; Elizabeth Bennett and Belle.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are fun! I didn't do much better than you on the suspense! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Elspeth- You know yourself well!

    Judy- Awws shucks, we'll have to study up.

    ReplyDelete