Fear in Writing: Sunday Foreign Post Roundup

Today in Literary History

Today in Literary History...December 14, 1907: Rudyard Kipling receives the Nobel prize for literature, the first English-language writer to do so.ud

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Sunday Foreign Post Roundup

Sorry this is late coming today, folks.  Busy day!  But I found some great links this week and I hope you enjoy them...

1. Mystery Lovers Corner - I haven't explored it in-depth, but this site appears to be another great source for readers and writers.  A place to promote your book, or find your next read.  Check it out.

2.  Honestly, I only posted this because the flower I am is so interesting...I thought the description was intriguing and a bit mysterious, so find out what kind of flower you are at This Garden is Illegal!
You Are a Foxglove
"You really want to be a good person, but you have this little mischievous streak that seems to get in the way. Deep down you mean well, but you are just so good at being just a little bit bad."

3. A little Truth at Mark Terry's blog this week.  Take it for what it is, roll your shoulders and keep on writing!

4. New-to-me writer's site: One Aimless Writer.  Self-proclaimed 'aimless writer' had a writing problem this week and made me feel useful.  Plus, I always love another writing blog!

On a down note, I finished a fantastic book on Saturday and was stuck with nothing new to read before bed last night, so I had to go ahead and crack open Charles Toftoy's It's In the Eyes.  I am sad to say I could not get past the second page.  Honestly, the opening paragraph nearly stopped me.  But I wanted to give it a good shot since Toftoy dedicated the book to his undergraduate student, raped and murdered in Washington, D.C.  Unfortunately, even a good heart couldn't keep me with this one.

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like you've got some great links for me to check out Michele - thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll check out the links. If you have to be a flower, better to be a foxy one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing the links. I took the flower test and I am a Daffodil.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jemi- Anytime!

    Elizabeth- That's what I'm saying!

    V.S.- Curious what the description was...Beautiful flower!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice links!

    I'm sad for you about the book. Don't you hate it when you just can't get into a book? I usually force myself to keep going and then give up halfway. Your approach makes so much more sense!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Toftoy's book too gritty? I can't read those, either.

    Thanks for the links!

    Elizabeth
    Mystery Writing is Murder
    Mystery Lovers’ Kitchen

    ReplyDelete