Fear in Writing: Bliss Award

Today in Literary History

Today in Literary History...December 14, 1907: Rudyard Kipling receives the Nobel prize for literature, the first English-language writer to do so.ud

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Bliss Award

As many of you know, I have been on an emotional roller coaster recently.  While I promised not to write about my condition (how Victorian!) on this blog, I will say that I have dedicated myself to taking a positive approach.  In this strain I created the blog Do Beautiful Things.

Also in this vein, VR Barkowski has honored me with an award!  It is an award of bliss, and the only requirements are that I share with you ten things that make me happy and then pass it on.  How perfect is that?

My bliss...
1. The scent of book glue.
2. Mocha skinny add whip.
3. Yoga.
4. Crisp, autumn days.
5. My son teaching my daughter new words. ("Natalie, can you say...?")
6. Sparkly stores with lots of breakable wares (and the child-free time to browse).
7. A good debate.
8. A new author.
9. My husband bringing my coffee in my favorite mug in the quiet morning: early, before the kids are awake.
10. Blogging.

And now I pass it on...
Elizabeth at Mystery Writing is Murder (I think I finally get to give you something first!)
Lorel at I'm Blogging Drowning Here
Crystal at Crystal Clear Proofing
Elizabeth at Elizabeth Bradley Fiction Bits & Bytes
Stephanie at Hatshepsut: The Writing of a Novel
Steph at Steph the Bookworm
Tamika at The Write Worship
Mason at Thoughts in Progress
Galen at Imagineering Fiction
Alan at A Million Blogging Monkeys

Click and be blissful.

Bookmark and Share

22 comments:

  1. I love seeing these chain awards being passed along. Hope your roller coaster straightens out soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the award! My second daughter's name was almost going to be Natalie, but then she didn't look like one. She's a Sarah.

    Elspeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Michelle on the award AND your new blog! I'm going to check it out as soon as I'm done here!

    THANK YOU SO MUCH for passing this award on to me! I'm very honored! You made my day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on getting a Blissy! And thanks for passing one my way. Your photo of cupcakes reminds me of one thing that makes me blissful--cake, in any form!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your award! You deserve happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Michele! Wow- you've created another outlet for your journey, I'm impressed. Thank the Lord for the strength to hang in there.
    Praying for you.

    I'm all giddy over the award- I love cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great list, Michele. Thanks for thinking of me. The list of pass to folks is formidable indeed. Keep up the great work and attitude!

    Best Wishes Galen.
    Imagineering Fiction Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Conrats on the award!!! Awesome and well deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  9. congratulations! Well deserved :))

    "Crisp, autumn days" - I adore those myself :) almost as much as I love first frosty mornings when you wake up with an icy mosaic up on your window and you think some spiders have been weaving their webs using sugar and dew :))

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on the award Michele. You're positive attitude tends to rub off on all your readers. Your blog is always a bright spot in my day.

    Thank you for thinking of me. You're so thoughtful. I'm honored.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats!!

    I see a few blogs I haven't checked out - thanks for the new links :)

    I love the scent of book glue too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats Michele and thanks for passing the award on to me!
    I've been checking out all the great new links too (I think I've discovered most of my favorite blogs through you).
    I wholehearedly agree on skinny mocha +whip--the fat content is balanced out and I'm happy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Univarn- At first, I'll admit, I was a little suspicious of the award thing. Now I see them as honest as they are and I love them! Thank you for your comment.

    Elspeth- We didn't give her a chance to be a Natalie or not! Sarah is a beautiful name...Luckily for us, ours is a stubborn little girly-girl, so Natalie works. ;)

    Crystal- So glad to have done so! I meant to swing by and let you know it was here so you didn't have to happen upon it!

    Alan- cake is good

    Galen - you are too kind

    ReplyDelete
  14. Alex- My favorite smell! I am suspicious of books that don't have a good glue smell. I think it strikes at the core of their value. ;)

    Kristi- Missed you last night at Elizabeth Kostova. She signed my doorstops!

    Diane- Yes. Coffee=Happy.

    Dez- You paint beautiful images.

    Mason- That is quite a compliment! I shall keep that comment in a special place in my memory.

    Jemi- Click away and sniff away!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks so much! Rough day yesterday, so I'm finding visiting my blogging friends. :) This IS a new one for me. Thanks.

    Elizabeth
    Mystery Writing is Murder
    Mystery Lovers’ Kitchen

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hope today is a better day, Elizabeth.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks, Michele! I feel honored that you thought of me for this. Great list you have. I think it's adorable that your son teaches words to your daughter. How sweet! I'm also planning on checking out the book you mentioned to me at the library. Thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I hope you like it. It is a good combination of genres and a talented author. For those wondering about whom we are talking: Morag Joss, specifically 'Half-Broken Things.'

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks Michele, I'll dream up a post to cover this.

    ReplyDelete