Fear in Writing: Awards, Giving & Receiving

Today in Literary History

Today in Literary History...December 14, 1907: Rudyard Kipling receives the Nobel prize for literature, the first English-language writer to do so.ud

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Awards, Giving & Receiving

Today we must honor another author of completed MS: Victoria of Victoria S.  I have not received confirmation on when she finished her novel, Amber, but it is done, and for that we applaud her!  Victoria is a dreamer and defiedsthe subject of yesterday's post.

Keep dreaming, Victoria.

As to the receiving end, thank you to these three kind ladies: Corra, Diane and Crystal.  I am always honored to be remembered on other people's blogs. 

Corra McFeydon of from the desk of a writer has given me the Creative Writer Award.  Not only is it kindness to pass this along to SouthernCityMysteries, but Corra also was creative herself in this endeavor.  She made the award!

Honestly, I wasn't going to pass this one on.  I just didn't have the mental power to go back through other award postings and see to whom I had recently given awards.  But then--Voidwalker commented on my blog.  And I clicked on his.  And let me tell you, I just had to comment on nearly every post!  Not only was I intrigued by his current read (Jake Adelstein's Tokyo Vice: An American Reporter on the Police Beat in Japan), but I was kept rapt by his interesting post topics.  From moral dilemmas to parsing of the writing craft, I was impressed.  So here, SouthernCityMysteries newbie and fellow writer, the Creative Writer Award.

The second comes from a published author you all know--L. Diane Wolfe.  It is aptly titled 'The Circle of Friends Award' and tells me that I have entered a special community.  Thank you, Diane.  I will cherish this one and save it for a special occasion.


Another special one came my way through email.  I will keep this short, but thank you to Crystal, the Grammar Queen, for including me in her community.  Another self-creation, I accept The Blogosphere Award with honor.

Thank you all.  You all make my days brighter and my web searching...long. :)

Bookmark and Share

12 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your awards. Well deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am deeply grateful for such kind words. I am honored to receive the award and I'll do my best to post up something soon here. I have a busy weekend, including some wedding planning for my upcoming ball-and-chain ceremony :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! The site is great, by the way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Mason

    Voidwalker! Should we tell her to run now? No rush. You don't even have to post it at all if you do not want to do so. Just responding is enough for me!

    Alex- Thanks!

    Simon- Gratzi.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations for all your awards, Michele! And a big congrats to Victoria as well for finishing her manuscript!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're a terrific blogger--hence all of the super cute awards. Here's one more (because I LOVE your blog!). Congrats! Swing by my blog to pick up the Happy Award.
    Courtney Reese's Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jemi- Thanks!
    Carol- Remember, you were the first to get the award! And I know you have passed it along, which makes me happy. :)

    Courtney- I am so flattered! Thank you! I love 'Happy!'

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you! This made me smile. It took me almost five years to write this novel. I finished it in November and I am now in the editing process.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations, V. You have many more novels in you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just popping in to say hello! You blog is looking beautiful :)

    ~ Corra

    from the desk of a writer

    ReplyDelete