Fear in Writing: A Look Ahead: Where is Michele?

Today in Literary History

Today in Literary History...December 14, 1907: Rudyard Kipling receives the Nobel prize for literature, the first English-language writer to do so.ud

Monday, January 25, 2010

A Look Ahead: Where is Michele?

Who knew this week could look so exciting without me?  You all might just get used to it...


Tomorrow we have Jemi Fraser--teacher extraordinaire and budding author of mystery/steampunk.  What is steampunk, you ask?  Well stop by tomorrow to find out, as that is the subject of her post!

Wednesday brings newly published author Jill Edmondson.  She shares the secret to placing your book: knowing where to place it!  For the details, you have to swing by on the 27th.

And on Thursday, author of the Circle of Friends series and creator of The Sunday Sillies (seriously(ha), go check it out) L.Diane Wolfe writes of the dreaded book tour.  Already done it?  Not even close?  No matter where you are on the scale, you'll want to read what this veteran has to say.

I will be around, but mostly not.  I am taking the week to concentrate on putting ink on paper.  That's right: writing the old-fashioned style and taking away the temptation that is the Internet.  Aufiderzein!

(Postscript: Today in Literary History subject is worth further reading today.  Robert Burns was quite a rascal, but is greatly celebrated to this day.  Click here and here for more information.)

18 comments:

  1. Enjoy the ink on paper. :) Hope it is a productive time for you. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for the shout-out to a fellow Scot! Happy birthday, Rabbie. To the bard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I;m glad to be back from my blogging break in time for all the great guest posts! Thanks Michele- I pray you get a lot of writing done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with your writing. Sounds like you've got an interesting line up for us this week. Looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still have Friday to fill if anyone is interested...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Strangely enough, one of my relatives traced our ancestry back to Robbie Burns. Might explain a few things...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to see what your guest bloggers have to say! I'll be back for sure!

    Enjoy your blog/internet vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never heard of steampunk until I read Jemi's blog. I'll certainly be by to educate myself more fully on the genre.

    Stephen Tremp

    ReplyDelete
  9. Best wishes as you put ink to paper. May your pen run dry long before your ideas do.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a bunch of great posts. I'll be tuned in. Thanks again for showing support for my blog and drop by soon (I posted the review of Tokyo Vice and Jake left his thoughts).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh, can't wait. I love what Jemi has to say. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Elana - thanks - you're such a sweetie :)

    Stephen - thanks for the vote of confidence!

    Thanks again to Michele for letting my drop by.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the changes and I wish you all the very best in the week to come. I'll try to call mid week and see how you keep.
    Warm regards,
    Simone

    ReplyDelete
  14. Have a wonderful and productive week!

    ReplyDelete