Fear in Writing: Writers Know

Today in Literary History

Today in Literary History...December 14, 1907: Rudyard Kipling receives the Nobel prize for literature, the first English-language writer to do so.ud

Friday, December 18, 2009

Writers Know

Carol Valdez Miller of Carol's Prints made an exciting announcement on Thursday: she finished her MS! This is her second YA novel and we bloggers were wondering where she had been this past week...So congratulations to Carol!

In her honor, and in anticipation of the completion of hundreds of MS's in the near future (surely we can do hundreds, right guys?), I created an award. On the surface, naming such an award seems simple. Originally it was to be the "Complete MS Award," but that didn't strike me as witty enough.

So I now present, to Carol, the first ever "Writers Know Award," because only fellow writers know how hard you worked to get to this point. And we (you all don't mind if I speak for you, do you?) honor your accomplishment today.The only rule attached to said award is that you are allowed to pass it along to whomever you please upon completion of their MS. I hope many of you will reach this point and receive this award in the near future - or far future! Just put a little feeler out there in the blog-world and champagne will pop in your honor.

But today, Carol, it is for you! Congratulations.

14 comments:

  1. Great idea & awesome award! Congrats again to Carol :)

    I will hopefully be done my nano ms over the next few weeks - this should give me a push! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, Jemi! Can't wait to send some champagne your way!

    Thanks, Diane...I thought what she did was deserving of recognition from writers...I certainly haven't achieved what she has yet - but I hope to do so!

    I only hope she signs on today to see the award!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to Carol and to you too Michele. That's a great looking award.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the coolest award! Okay, now I have award-creation-envy. I'm thinking with your production experience, you were able to create it quickly!

    I'm sure you'll be getting one yourself, soon, Michele!

    Elizabeth
    Mystery Writing is Murder

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mason & Elizabeth- I really just grabbed a cool pic from PicApp.com and added some test - that's it! You, too, can make an award!

    Elizabeth, as always, is an inspiration. I didn't even know we could make our own awards!

    (And I hope so.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this award and love the name! Very fitting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh!!!!!! AHHHHHH!!!! I'm the first!!!!! Hold on a sec, must tuck my head and regain my equilibrium....there. Geez, I am so incredibly flattered...and honored...and thrilled...and excited...and...thank you, hon. You are so thoughtful. I LOVE IT!! I can't wait to pass it on. It's such a perfect award. Man, you've totally made my day. Thank you! XOXOXO (I must also add that you are very talented. It's a beeeeeeeeeautiful award.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yup. Congratulations to Carol! She's inspirational, isn't she?

    And, Michele? Lovely job on the award and gesture, good lady!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea! Love the award! I think you get extra karma points for that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful award! Congrats Carol!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're welcome, you're welcome...

    ESPECIALLY Carol! You're welcome!

    I'm sorry I've been lax on replying today. Loooooong day of threatening snow-turned-ice plus end of school for Christmas break so parties and programs (no one told them it's preschool)...

    Anyway, way to go, Carol. Happy Holidays everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I tell you what, I am hanging with a very smart crowd - you know how to create awards! And you finish manuscripts!

    Helen
    Straight From Hel

    ReplyDelete
  13. Helen- We're just flattered you find time to make it to our blogs. With 200+ followers and what must be a crazy business schedule, your input is greatly appreciated.

    ReplyDelete