Normally I wouldn't let something like this percolate for so long, but I felt I had to let my earlier post stand on its own for a bit. So I apologize to Jemi of Just Jemi for the timing, because my first blog award was truly en exciting moment for me!
Yesterday Jemi passed on two awards, Best Blogger and Honest Scrap. Those to whom she passed it on could choose which award they wanted. I chose Honest Scrap, because I do strive to be at least Honest, even when it is just bits of scrap I am throwing at you!
Ten things you don't know about me...
1. I played competitive soccer for 10 years.
2. I have lived in Texas, Missouri, Tennessee, Arizona, and now North Carolina.
3. I am NOT tech savvy, but I pick up things quickly.
4. I used to read only male authors (for mysteries), thinking women were to girly. How close-minded was that? I have since seen the light...
5. I have worked on all sides of the camera in TV news.
6. I am a classic movie lover. My favorite movies at age six were The African Queen and King Kong, 1937.
7. When I google myself, this picture comes up:
Not bad, right?
8. I cannot curl my tongue, but my father, sister, husband and son all can.
9. My maiden name was Hindman (pronounced HINE-dman).
10. My husband proposed to me by singing and playing Mark Cohn's "True Companion."
Just some of the blogs/bloggers who deserve this Award:
1. I'm Blogging Drowning Here (also the decidedly best-kept-secret blog. Check out Lorel's posts!)
2. An Ulterior Motive (honest down to the strippers, and he keeps me honest here as well.)
3. Thoughts in Progress (beautifully formatted and chock-full of yummy links)
4. HOLLYWOOD SPY (it's not mystery writing, but it's so fun and I learn a lot here. Dezmond adds some great comments to my blog!)
5. M.J. Macie-A Mystery Writer's Words (talk about Honest Scrap - this woman really puts it out there! M.J. is self-published and she keeps asking for more critique and discussion. I highly recommend you check her out.)
6. A Million Blogging Monkeys (not only is it a cool title, but his book can't come out fast enough for me. Alan blogs about everything from Springsteen to sausage. Don't miss a word.)
7. The Dangerous Pages Review (she already has one, but I just think her blog topic is so HONEST! And she really goes all the way with layout and each and every post. Sharazad was also one of my first followers, so what's a girl to do?)
8. Novels During Naptime (I applaud Karen's perseverence through NaNoWriMo, motherhood and Life.)
That's all for now...