Fear in Writing: 30 Russ

Today in Literary History

Today in Literary History...December 14, 1907: Rudyard Kipling receives the Nobel prize for literature, the first English-language writer to do so.ud

Thursday, December 31, 2009

30 Russ


Russell Todd Emrath was born this day in 1977. That makes him 30 today, and I've been rubbing it in since January first of this year! But as much fun as I've had at his expense, he is taking the new decade with grace and confidence. Russ is so much more man than I married seven years ago. He is an amazing father. He is my best friend. He is the person to whom I go to when I get showstopping, fabulous news, and the one who catches my tears when my day falls way below flat.

So happy birthday, True Companion.

12 comments:

  1. What a wonderful "tribute!"

    Happy Birthday Russell! And Happy New Year to both of you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 30? That's it? Man do I feel old! Happy Birthday Russ! Welcome to the 30's.. Not a bad place to be. Happy New Year to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! Happy b-day to Russ. Hopefully you'll have many more decades together :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful words and a beautiful photo! Happy Birthday Russell! I've found the 30's to be absolutely terrific!!!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Crystal- Thank you and Happy New Year to you as well! We have lots of celebrating to do this time of year.

    Chas- You'll never seem old to me. Happy New Year to you and yours!

    Jemi- We plan to! Thank you and I'll pass along the well-wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, you are such an adorable couple, your kids must look like they were made from sugar and marshmallows :))

    ReplyDelete
  7. They were made from sugar and marshmallows. What do you think I did anything the old fashioned way? Well, I take that back. SOME things are fun old fashioned... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday to Russell. What a great photo. Hope you both have a safe and Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a really nice thing you wrote, and a great picture!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mason- Passing it along, and thank you for the award! I will be blogging about it tomorrow. Maybe tie it in with resolutions?

    Steph- He is a really nice guy and deserving of so much more. And I do love the pic!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful words (and photo). Wish him a happy 30th and a Happy New Year to both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy 30th to Russ and best wishes for the next decade! Y'all are a cute, cute couple.

    Elizabeth
    Mystery Writing is Murder

    ReplyDelete