Fear in Writing: Sunday Foreign Post Roundup

Today in Literary History

Today in Literary History...December 14, 1907: Rudyard Kipling receives the Nobel prize for literature, the first English-language writer to do so.ud

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Sunday Foreign Post Roundup

What a week!  I actually made it quite a ways around the blogworld.  If I didn't stop by your domain, I apologize.  But here are some great stops on my adventures--ones I think are worth sharing...

1. B. Miller addresses her murder victim in Plotting a Murder.

2. From the belly of the beast--Yrsa Sigurdardottir talks about local ramifications of the Icelandic volcano eruption.

3. For anyone who has ever let a book carry them away, this post by author Timothy Hallinan is for you.  (Hallinan is the author of 'A Nail Through the Heart,' about which I posted last week, and which I highly recommend.)

4. Alex J. Cavanaugh takes on 'Q'...and you have to see what he came up with!

5. Literary Pub Crawl--a great idea and a looooong list for you globetrotters!  Also, this is a new-to-me blog: Neth Space.

6.  Steph the Bookworm reviews a book that wouldn't usually interest me, but has me drooling over its complicated prettiness.  Check out her take on Beautiful People.

7. Lee Lofland with more invaluable knowledge: CSI Terminology.  Click for great pics and interesting/surprising terms.

8. Ok, couldn't help it, here's another one from Lee: how to properly write a crime scene.

9.  It is always brave when a writer shares a piece of his or her work.  And we all need support and criticism when we do!  For Jen Daiker's bravery, click here.

10.  An author who overcame disability and heartbreak to write an international crime novel--Andrew Parker guest blogs at Mason Canyon's Thoughts in Progress.

11. Cathy of Kittling Books reviews a haunting tale...with a great cover!  Check it out.

12.  Also from Cathy, What Nightmare Are You?  I can tell you which one I usually have (definitely forgetting a part of my clothes!), but which one did the quiz say?
You Are Falling

Sometimes things in your life feel completely out of control. You get overwhelmed.
Like everyone else you have a fear of failure... just like falling in a nightmare.
You may need more balance in your life. Take time to take care of yourself.
And learn to go with the flow a little bit more. Falling can feel exciting if you let it!

13. Elizabeth talks about mood...and you know here posts--it's a great one!

14. Helen shares words of advice from an Agent.

15.  New-to-me blog and another SciFi guy for you fantasy readers: JL Stratton of True Life and Fiction...Plus, the link will take you to an interesting post on suspending disbelief.

16. Love British mysteries?  Well so does Elizabeth Frengel.  Stop by Miss Lemon's Mysteries for some great reads.

17. Anna Karenina for kids.  I'm not joking.  (And it's a great new-to-me site.)

Weird, but comments didn't work when this posted at 5am, so this is a repost.  Hope you don't have any trouble this time.  And don't forget to vote in the poll if you haven't already.  It ends Wednesday!

16 comments:

  1. Great links! I've tweeted one or two of them with your @ on it!

    Elizabeth
    Mystery Writing is Murder

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a wonderful fellow blogger. I don't think I've ever come across a blogger who plugs other people so much. You're fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diane- You're welcome, and you remind me I have been missing your blog...Better get over there!

    Elizabeth- Awww, thx. I always forget the @ sign. I am so amateurish at Twitter!

    AA- Thanks! I love supporting other people. I know that sounds cheesy, but I really think that's the point of all this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, thanks for mentioning my crazy Q post! I really struggled to find a musical Q, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alex- You're in next week's round up already, too!

    Mason- Yours is one of my favorite blogs, and I don't get by there enough.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great links Michelle. A few of these are new to me - hopefully I'll get some time later to check them out :)

    I did the quiz and got your fear - forgetting the clothing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey there, thanks for the link love! This was a great post with a lot of wonderful info... thanks for sharing!

    I got almost 7000 words carved out yesterday in my sequestering! YAY! Thought you'd like a little update. ;)

    Have a wonderful Sunday!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jemi- I hate that dream. Really hate it. And it's usually in school, too!

    B- Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a neat idea! I feel like I've been on a 'round-the-world go myself -- and my blogroll is the richer for it. Thanks much for the mention, Michele.
    --Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post. Great roundup! Wow, now I've got leads on a whole slew of new blogs and spots to check out.

    BTW, I also write mystery, crime, and even paranormal erotic suspense crime romance!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, this is a really cool feature and you definitely put a lot of time into it, Michele. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Elizabeth- Thanks for the great posts. And glad you enjoyed this one.

    JL- That's the idea...There are so many wonderful blogs out there! And the roundups aren't always as big as this week's. Oh! Great to know! Now I don't know where to place your blog in my list...mysterious or non-mysterious?

    Jackee- Actually, it doesn't take that much time. As I find a cool post throughout the week, I plug it into a post template. Then I hit post on Sunday morning! Tada! Done.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the link. :-) I shall have to check out the other sites you've listed. They all sound very interesting...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I could spend hours with a list like this. I ended up on the blog of an Icelandic photographer who has incredible photos, including many of the volcanic cloud and the ash-covered land. Thanks for a wonderful tour.

    ReplyDelete