Fear in Writing: Pics and Posts

Today in Literary History

Today in Literary History...December 14, 1907: Rudyard Kipling receives the Nobel prize for literature, the first English-language writer to do so.ud

Friday, April 30, 2010

Pics and Posts

Sorry, all!  I didn't actually mean to take the day off from blogging today.  It just got away from me!  Princess Natalie and I ran errands all morning while Sir Jake was at school...Then it was naptime and quiet time and I lay down on the couch...well, you can guess what happened next. :)

So here's a little something--some inspiration for the romantic in us all....
Fay Wray and Gary Cooper in One Sunday Afternoon (1928)

And for the independent thinker we all strive to be...
Katharine Hepburn, as Rosalind in 'As You Like It' (1950)

Happy Friday!

9 comments:

  1. Sometimes that unexpected nap came be the best treat of the day :) Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen Hepburn's legs before :)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to be Katharine Hepburn. I want to take a nap.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey don't beat yourself up.
    This stuff is meant to be fun, not a chore!
    I bet you never saw as much leg as that in Shakespeare's production of As You Like It.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, I love old time pics. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The first pic reminded me of Gone of the Wind, wonderful movie...loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pics - I think I need to look at pics more often - fantastic for inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  8. We all need to look at pics more often! And Al's blog--Publish or Perish--is a great place for pics!

    My problem is getting lost in these gorgeous pasttimes...Dangerous hobby. ;)

    And you're close to right, Dez--she wore shorts for sports on occasions!

    ReplyDelete