Fear in Writing: 1920s Me

Today in Literary History

Today in Literary History...December 14, 1907: Rudyard Kipling receives the Nobel prize for literature, the first English-language writer to do so.ud

Thursday, April 15, 2010

1920s Me

I don't really have anything to say today.  So here's a fun quiz...

What's your 1920s name?
Mine is...
Dixie Madeleine
You're the Bee's Knees

Try it with your first name, you first and last, and then add middle--you'll get all sorts of different names.
What's your 1920s name?

11 comments:

  1. Interesting. Liked my 1920's name. I feel a character coming to visit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first one happened to be Aurora Maxie but I'm not so sure that's me. I'll have to try it again. Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Dewayne Buddy" - how's that for odd?

    ReplyDelete
  4. so it seems you had style and flare even a hundred years back in the past :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. And my name's "Bailey Dante", sounds positively naughty, yes? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My name was, Bernadette Bonita - meaning, the bees knees!

    Not sure I'm a Bernadette, but that was a little bit of fun. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha! Not one of you flappers and cool cats can match MY new handle.

    Let me introduce myself: I'm Birdie Tiny.

    Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm Alfreda Tiny! After my initial annoyance at being calling "Tiny" wore off, I laughed. I think I've been way too serious today. That was just what I needed. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are great names! Glad I could entertain and give you all new characters. Maybe I should host a contest: who can write the best story about a character named after their 1920s name. (there has to be a shorter way to say that)

    And thanks, Dez, for the sweet comment. I love all your names! But my favs are Bernadette Bonita (Wendy) and Dewayne Buddy (Alex--and I think we all know what HIS job was in the 20s!).

    ReplyDelete