Fear in Writing: The Wolf Within my Mailbox (Monday)

Today in Literary History

Today in Literary History...December 14, 1907: Rudyard Kipling receives the Nobel prize for literature, the first English-language writer to do so.ud

Monday, March 22, 2010

The Wolf Within my Mailbox (Monday)

A brief Mailbox Monday, then I have to get ready for work.  Strange that I'm the one going to work today.  It's been about 2 1/2 years since I worked full-time.  I will try to make the blog rounds at some point today.  It will all depend on the number of liveshots we have planned.  We'll see!

On to the mailbox...Mailbox Monday is hosted by Marcia at The Printed Page.

These last few weeks have been busy ones for my trusty mailbox.  The kids are starting to be unimpressed by packages!  I mean, they're all for Mommy anyway, right?

This week...
Margot Kinberg sent her mystery B-Very Flat, which I won on her blog, Confessions of a Mystery Novelist.

I bought Kristi Chestnutt's new release, The Wolf Within, at her book-release party.  It was the first of those for me and absolutely fabulous!  Kristi is, as her blog indicates, a ball of crazy energy and spunk.  And so far, this book reflects that.  You can find Kristi at Random daily thoughts, though probably not today because she's still recovering from the party.

Also this past week, because of this post on the Hollywood Spy (which I also included in yesterday's Foreign Post Roundup), I ordered and received The Beautiful Cigar Girl: Mary Rodgers, Edgar Allan Poe, and the Invention of Murder.  This I purchased through the PaperbackSwap Market.

Alright, I know this is a bit low-key for me, but I have to get ready for work before the kids wake up!  It's my only time!  (If you haven't noticed, I am intentionally giving as much information without being dangerous.  It's kind of a game for this post.)  What kind of shampoo will I be using?  Hmmm...probably the new Burt's Bees samples sent to me by WUNC, a gift for supporting the NPR affiliate.

Ok, enough of that.  Now I see why this is so ridiculous!  Not only is it dangerous to give away too much of yourself, but it's also damn boring for others to read!  Who really gives a *l****...just kidding.  This is not that kind of a blog.

Bookmark and Share

14 comments:

  1. Good luck with your workday! It's been over ten years since I worked a J-O-B full time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's no way I could have blogged about books when my kids were small. I was lucky to read a book in a months time much less discuss it, lol. So good for you! I think blogging might have helped keep me sane during those years *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michele - Thanks for mentioning my blog and my book. I hope that you'll enjoy it!! I wish you well getting back into the "real world."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alas, that Poe movie you mentioned is not to be--at least, not with Mr. Phoenix--his reps have shot down that rumor.

    "The Beautiful Cigar Girl" is an interesting read, but something of a mixed bag. He has some good information about Mary Rogers and her strange death, but his writings about Poe get rather tabloid-ish, if you know what I mean. Still, you should enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a great day!

    It's hard doing blogs and working full time... I'm still trying to find the balance.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the cover for The Wolf Within. Thanks for sharing! Here's my Mailbox.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Confessions of a Mystery Novelist caught my attention!

    BTW, I love Burt's Bees stuff! LOL

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the links...some i have checked out already and I will check out the others now. Have a great day at work!

    ann

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm reading Kristi's book right now...and loving it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Michele!

    Good luck with work!!! I'm SO GLAD you and your hubs were able to come to the party! What a great time we had getting to know you better...you two are so adorable and fun.

    And as for Burt's Bees....I LOVE almost everything they have!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Diane- It was definitely different to spend a whole day in the newsroom again. I work freelance, so a few hours here and there--usually for special projects--is normal. But this was jumping back into the think of creating a newscast. Different.

    Mary- I'm hanging on to sanity by a thread...or a blog!

    Margot- You're welcome and thanks. It's high up in my TBR pile! Though I seem to be reading slower these days...

    Undine- Thanks for the update. There are other actors who would do a fine job as Mr. Poe. But I would have liked Phoeinx in the role. Thanks for the heads up on the book--I'm still looking forward to the read!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Alayne- You have a wide range in just three books there!

    Kristen- Balance? I try, but it's always shifting.

    Lady Quinlan- Beautiful covers on your post! The one that appeals to me most is Ghostwalk. The plot sounds fantastic!

    Creations- Isn't Burt's great stuff? Margo is, too. :) Thanks for stopping by!

    Ann Elle- It was a long day, but I made it. Enjoy the links!

    Alex- It's still just my freelance gig, and nothing is harder than raising two toddlers--I don't care what anyone says!

    DL- That makes a bunch of us reading it. She is well-supported on the blogs, and this gives me hope for my own publication dreams!

    Jemi- At the party, a friend had made a cake in the shape of the wolf's face--like a topographic map--it was amazing.

    Krisit- I see and expensive addiction coming my way. :P And thanks, again, for inviting us. It was wonderful!

    ReplyDelete