Helen Hayes wins Best Actress for The Sin of Madelon Claudet at the 5th Academy Awards in 1932.
Hello, Hollywood! Tonight is the night and, as I write this, actors and actresses are getting shallacked, glossed, matted, and fabbed. I love a little glamour shot in the arm every once and a while, so here are some fun links to the 82nd Academy Awards.
1. Predict which gown actresses like Zoe Saldana, Vera Formiga, and Sandra Bullock will don for the big night.
2. Fashion not your thing? Check out these crazy moments from Oscars past, listed on PopArtDiva's blog.
link to his opening number. Highly entertaining!
4. Now, for my favorite Oscar moments! Two of them--Adrian Brody winning for The Pianist (what a kiss!) and Roberto Benigni winning for Life is Beautiful (what an entrance!).
5. A little more fahion: the best and the worst Oscar looks.
Shine's best & worst looks ever
Cosmo's list (this is a good one)
6. And for those who, like me, think the best cinema is classic cinema, here is a look at Oscars in the best era--here and here.