Fear in Writing: Ode to My Blog

Today in Literary History

Today in Literary History...December 14, 1907: Rudyard Kipling receives the Nobel prize for literature, the first English-language writer to do so.ud

Monday, May 9, 2011

Ode to My Blog

How do I return?  How do I jump back in and type a post that will grab readers?  How do I  feel at home on my blog again?  Where is it written that time away means mind away?

A day didn't pass that I didn't think of you, My Blog.  In the midst of child-rearing and wedding-prepping, an image of you would reach out to me, flash in my mind and call to me.  I missed your perfect header, your intriguing Literary History banner, your links and images, your bevy of posts past.

Oh, how I long to be lost in your Dashboard...pouring my thoughts and knowledge into post after post!  The comments!  The readership!  The friends!  The magic of the Internet!

I've missed you, Blog.  I've...

Hi, all.  It's been a while.

8 comments:

  1. Michele - I love that intro! I think it's always hard to get back to something if you haven't done it for a while. But I am glad you're back; we've missed you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now if I were to do this post, one of my smart ass friends would immediate leave a comment such as "You were gone?" You obviously have nicer followers. Welcome back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Michele! You have been gone for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just jump right in again and pick up where you left off. :) Glad to see you posting again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jump back in, the water's fine! Take it at your own pace, Michelle. You'll know best.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice to have you back, Michele.

    Jai

    ReplyDelete