2. A post about data mining--important to know, but also important to read my follow-up comment.
3. You've heard of singing in the shower...now there's writing in the shower! Check it out at ...and this time concentrate!
Lesa's Book Critiques. Talk about a great beach read...
5. A contest, a contest--who doesn't love a contest? The Alliterative Allomorph is offering 1st, 2nd, and 3rd prizes, and you'll want them all.
6. And if writing doesn't work out...check out Kimberly Franklin's plan. No, really, check it out.
7. Because you still need more links to check out...Twitterfic by Elizabeth Spann Craig.
8 & 9. Two L. Diane Wolfe links right here! I know, right? One is for a gorgeous picture that I loved so much I requested a copy. Check it out here. Hint: it's not the cow. The second is for great tips on what to do when you actually meet an author...and you probably will someday.
10. Complete list of Elizabeth George Inspector Linley books at Thrill of it All. I'm getting the hint I need to read these books...
Caught! (While you're there, type 'caught' into the search engine and see what all her the writers are reading.)
12. Sometimes writers barely have to make things up. The mystery is right there in life. And there is plenty of life at The American Literary Blog, one of my favorites.
13. It's not the post itself, but the exchange that came from it. Alex J. Cavanaugh seeks input on his next SciFi novel here!
14. THE coolest post I've read in a while. Chock full of great links--and the comments are what will get you! It's called "Where are you?" and that's exactly what it answers! I plan to snark Mason's idea and copy here on this one soon, but check out her post and get an idea of her upcoming guests and plans.