Fear in Writing: Roundup of great Blogfest reads

Today in Literary History

Today in Literary History...December 14, 1907: Rudyard Kipling receives the Nobel prize for literature, the first English-language writer to do so.ud

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Roundup of great Blogfest reads

It was a great first-for-me Blogfest!  These writers all participated, and turned in everything from monsters to bars to heavy metal music.  The diversity of the pieces written was very exciting.  If you didn't get a chance to click by them all on Friday, here is your chance:
Black Metal Birthday by Cold As Heaven
The Fighter Writer's 'Scent of a Woman'
Summer Ross's Birthday blogfest entry
Happy Deathday by Roland Yeomans (if you like SciFi, this is the piece for you)
Rayna M. Iyer's Happy Birthday short
Mesmerix and the PG13 Birthday story


A second blogfest took place on Friday.  Elana Johnson, Alex Cavanaugh, and Jenn Daiker hosted The Great Blogging Experiment:  Writing Compelling Characters.  If I hadn't been so clueless in the weeks leading up to my own blogfest, I probably would have participated in this.  But, I did read several entries and found many of you have great ideas for creating characters!  So click over to the blogfest links on Elana's, Alex's, and Jenn's blogs to read all the entries.

Today I'll be adding up all the points and choosing 1st, 2nd, and 4rd place winners for my blogfest.  Small amount of entries so your chances are pretty good!  Next time, I hope the odds go down. ;)  Look for the announcement on the Sunday Foreign Post Roundup on, you guessed it, Sunday.

5 comments:

  1. Sorry, I've been so damn busy last few days, so haven't got the time to look at the others. But I will take the round shortly >:)

    Cold As Heaven

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you hosted this, and I'm sure the next one will be even bigger!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been reading some of your birthday entries this morning - deciding will be tough!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for hosting--it was a fun blogfest! I'm sure you'll have a much larger participation next time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wasn't able to participate, but the entries I've seen so far are great :)

    ReplyDelete