Fear in Writing: Penance

Today in Literary History

Today in Literary History...December 14, 1907: Rudyard Kipling receives the Nobel prize for literature, the first English-language writer to do so.ud

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Penance

So...(I sheepishly write after more than a week away from blogging)...

I've been reading a lot.  Not writing, but reading a lot.  And I heard a hilarious bit on NPR's Wait, Wait Don't Tell Me (THE funniest show ever) about streaking so I'm honoring this weekend with a few streaking links for you.  Enjoy...and maybe you'll forget that you need to forgive me for my absence!

First off...the song that haunted my youth, good ol' Ray Stevens:


Now...Most videos were too risque for this site.  I mean, words are one thing, but naked people?  However, this one cracked me up because a) the kid didn't even get naked and b) the boy streaked through Wal-Mart!  As if that's a real low point for the place.



Speaking of Wal-Mart and its impossibly low standard of customer, here's a glimpse:


For more, visit peopleofwalmart.com

So, that's my penance for missing so many posts lately.  I think I've done my time.

8 comments:

  1. OMG! Hilarious! I look at People of Walmart (photos) every once in a while. My self-esteem goes up right afterwards. Every time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michele - No need to ask forgiveness. Blogging should never take precedence over family. And thanks (or not? ;-) ) for reminding of that Ray Stevens song....

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha ha ha! OK - confession time. In 1974 or 5 I streaked a pub in Ottawa with a friend. It was St. Patrick's Day and we both wore wigs (?) and strategically placed shamrocks but really we were naked. I was annoyed that only men did it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing like starting the weekend with a laugh. Your absence is forgiven.

    Jan's comment is so-o-o her, don't you think? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen that last video before - scary stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love Ray Stevens' song - so cute :)

    Jan - I love it! I bet you had a blast! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, this is one of making your absense up to us! I love it!

    Jai

    ReplyDelete