Fear in Writing: Afraid

Today in Literary History

Today in Literary History...December 14, 1907: Rudyard Kipling receives the Nobel prize for literature, the first English-language writer to do so.ud

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Afraid

I think I am afraid to come here.

Like the mere act of opening Blogger impresses guilt upon me.  A reminder that I'm not writing.  A glimpse of a story unfinished.

So I avoid.  It's still a link on my bookmarks bar--glaring at me every time I open Google Chrome.

Someday I will just delete it.  Then the guilt will bury itself a level deeper.

And I will pretend to forget.

4 comments:

  1. Don't delete it! Even writing has seasons and yours will return again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all go through stages where, for whatever reason, we can't write. I've been going through one for months and months. It's a horrible feeling but don't let it get you so down or make you so afraid. Negative feelings like that only make it harder to start writing again.

    So smile, take the hugs we're all giving you, and breath. You'll start writing again when you're ready.

    Jai

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Michele,

    You still out there? Don't give up. I've been so very busy, had a baby and changed my entire career--but I'm still writing, even if not blogging as much as I should. I'm coming back to it though and so should you!

    ReplyDelete